Class of the Month: Circuit Mixx
What is it?
Circuit Mixx combines resistance training with aerobic exercise for a full body workout. It involves a series of exercises, laid out in a circuit with typically between two and ten different stations.
The circuit includes a series of resistance stations using weights and body weight exercises, such as press ups and squats to strengthen and tone your body, and cardiovascular stations, like shuttle runs or jumping jacks, to strengthen your heart and lungs.
Why do it?
- Circuit training allows people of all fitness levels to work together. The great thing is that you work at your own fitness level and pace at each station. Circuit training exercises can be modified whether the person is new to exercise or a seasoned exerciser!
- It works the whole body in one session. Circuit training exercises tend to use more than one muscle group at a time so this can give you quicker results than spending time on one piece of gym equipment focusing on just one set of muscles.
- It sends your metabolism soaring. Circuit training kicks your fat burning furnace into high gear, meaning you will burn more calories in 20 minutes than you would in an entire hour on the elliptical reading a magazine!
Quick facts about circuit training
- It was first developed by RE Morgan and GT Anderson at the University of Leeds in 1953.
- You torch calories for up to 48 hours after your workout ends.
- You will never tire of it as the circuit session is different each and every time, plus you move quickly from one exercise to the next, meaning your mind doesn’t have time to wander or tune out…
Got any questions or want to find out more about Circuit Mixx at The Studio? Get in touch by emailing us at email@example.com.