Class of the Month: Tri Mixx
What is it?
Tri Mixx is the ultimate total body workout.
This class includes:
- 20 minutes of cardiovascular conditioning in the form of step
- Plyometric movements or hi/low aerobics
- 20 minutes of strength training using dumbbells, barbells or resistance bands
- 20 minutes of core training (abdominals and lower back)
Why do it?
The combination of weight training and increased cardiovascular effort makes Tri Mixx a beneficial type of cross training.
You will gain muscle through the resistance training and increase your cardiovascular endurance during the slightly elevated heart rate that is maintained in between sets and throughout the session. You will also burn high amounts of calories during each class and for 24 to 48 hours after the session.
Exercises are completed in a row, and therefore, the time spent exercising is condensed. Separate cardiovascular training is not necessary. All body parts are trained in one session, making it a full body workout.
Quick facts about Tri Mixx
- It’s a class that Nicki has created herself and is therefore unique to The Studio.
- It’s a type of interval training. Interval training is a great way to increase the body’s ability to burn calories 24 to 48 hours after the session.
- It will help you achieve an increase in lean body mass and a decrease in weight,
Tri Mixx is different each week so no getting bored during the session.
Got any questions or want to find out more about Tri Mixx at The Studio? Get in touch by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.